- This event has passed.
CALM: An Introduction to Mindfulness
5 November @ 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm GMT
This course introduces a range of techniques for relaxing the body, calming the mind and living more fully in the present moment. We can often live our lives on “auto-pilot” and react habitually to situations in unhelpful ways. Mindfulness allows us to be more flexible in our response to the stresses of life, to be less driven and distressed by our thoughts and emotions, and to appreciate each moment of life more fully. We recommend attending all sessions to gain the maximum benefit from this treatment.
Please note: You must be booked onto a course to attend. You are welcome to bring a friend or relative for support, but they must also be booked onto the course due to limited spaces.
- The skills of mindfulness, concentration and relaxation
- Techniques for applying mindfulness to the breath, body, thoughts, feelings and everyday life
- Practical tips for practicing mindfulness
- Dealing with difficulties that arise in practicing
This is a taught course designed to introduce practical strategies to manage your mood, run in a group format, so although there will be some group discussion about the techniques and examples it is up to you how much or how little you choose to take part. We recommend attending all 4 sessions to fully benefit, please discuss with the course facilitators if you have any concerns or see the course FAQ’s on our website.
This course is suitable for:
- Anyone with an interest in mindfulness and relaxation
- Anyone who wants to learn more about ‘living in the moment’
This course is not suitable for people with:
- A mental health diagnosis, such as Bipolar Disorder or Personality Disorder.
- Please note: You must be booked onto a course to attend. You are welcome to bring a friend or relative for support, but they must also be booked onto the course due to limited spaces.
Please note: There is ample parking to the left of the building. The entrance to the Community Hub is on the side of the building at the back through a separate frosted glass door. The maximum car park time is three hours.
Wiltshire IAPT Service psycho-educational courses are only available for people who are over the age of 16 and registered with a GP in Wiltshire (excluding Swindon area). Courses can be booked by using the online booking form* below, or over the phone by contacting the Wiltshire IAPT Service on 01380 731335. All our courses are released for booking 4 weeks before the start date - Bookings received before the 4 week window cannot be processed.
Our admin team are available weekdays, 9am-5pm and will be happy to assist you in booking on to your chosen course and answer any questions you may have. 01380 731335
*Please be advised using the online booking form does not guarantee a place on a course. A member of the admin team will contact you if the course is no longer available and we will do all we can to accommodate your request.