- This event has passed.
CALM: Cultivating Awareness and Living Mindfully
16 July @ 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm BST
This is a four week course starting the 16th of July from 6:30-8:30pm
No places left on this course
CALM: An Introduction to Mindfulness
This course introduces a range of techniques for relaxing the body, calming the mind and living more fully in the present moment. We can often live our lives on “auto-pilot” and react habitually to situations in unhelpful ways. Mindfulness allows us to be more flexible in our response to the stresses of life, to be less driven and distressed by our thoughts and emotions, and to appreciate each moment of life more fully.
- The skills of mindfulness, concentration and relaxation
- Techniques for applying mindfulness to the breath, body, thoughts, feelings and everyday life
- Practical tips for practicing mindfulness
- Dealing with difficulties that arise in practicing
This course is suitable for:
- Anyone with an interest in mindfulness and relaxation
- Anyone who wants to learn more about ‘living in the moment’
This course is not suitable for people with:
- A mental health diagnosis, such as Bipolar Disorder or Personality Disorder.
Please note that this course is only available for people who are over the age of 16 and registered with a GP in Wiltshire (excluding Swindon area). If you have any queries about this, please contact the Wiltshire IAPT main office on 01380 731335.
Courses can either be booked over the phone or via the button above. All our courses are released for booking 4 weeks before the start date. Our admin team are available weekdays, 9am-5pm and will be happy to assist you in booking on to your chosen course and answer any questions you may have.
Please note: You must be booked onto a course to attend. You are welcome to bring a friend or relative for support, but they must also be booked onto the course due to limited spaces.
Please note: Parking is available behind the Children’s Centre. Disabled access and facilities are available, please let us know before the start of the course if these are required.