- This event has passed.
Coping with Low Mood and Depression
24 April @ 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm BST
This free course is aimed at people experiencing problems with low mood and depression. Using Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, the course aims to guide you through tools and techniques that are helpful in dealing with this difficult emotion.
The course aims to:
- Help participants to understand low mood and depression and the negative cycles we can get caught up in.
- How our behaviours can impact on low mood and depression.
- Teaching “Behavioural Activation”; a well evidenced and NICE recommended intervention for Low mood and Depression.
- How our thoughts and beliefs can contribute and maintain our low mood.
- Teach ways of breaking the negative cycles of low mood with a variety of useful techniques
- Developing self-compassion and acknowledging our positive qualities.
- How sleep and physical exercise affect our mood and useful tips for improving these.
This is a taught course with some facilitated group discussion; group participation allows the groups to be more interactive however, it is up to you how much you do or do not take part in this.
Please note that this course is only available for people who are registered with a GP in Wiltshire (excluding Swindon area). If you have any queries about this, please contact the Wiltshire IAPT main office on 01380 731335.
Courses can either be booked over the phone or via the button below. All our courses are released for booking 4 weeks before the start date. Our admin team are available weekdays, 9am-5pm and will be happy to assist you in booking on to your chosen course and answer any questions you may have.