- This event has passed.
Coping with Low Mood and Depression
21, November 2018 @ 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm GMT
This free course is aimed at people experiencing problems with low mood and depression. Using Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, the course aims to guide participants through tools and techniques that are helpful in dealing with this difficult emotion.
- Help participants to understand low mood and depression and the negative cycles we can get caught up in.
- How our behaviours can impact on low mood and depression.
- Teaching “Behavioural Activation”; a well evidenced and NICE recommended intervention for Low mood and Depression.
- How our thoughts and beliefs can contribute and maintain our low mood.
- Teach ways of breaking the negative cycles of low mood with a variety of useful techniques
- Developing self-compassion and acknowledging our positive qualities.
- How sleep and physical exercise affect our mood and useful tips for improving these.
This is a taught course designed to introduce practical strategies to manage your mood, run in a group format, so although there will be some group discussion about the techniques and examples it is up to you how much or how little you choose to take part. We recommend attending all 4 sessions to fully benefit, please discuss with the course facilitators if you have any concerns or see the course FAQ’s on our website.
This course is suitable for:
- Anyone who wants to address low mood or depression as their main issue.
This course is not suitable for people with:
- A mental health diagnosis, such as Bipolar Disorder or Personality Disorder.
Please note: There are disabled parking spaces available directly outside Heathwood entrance A. Please use the main car park. The car park is a short distance from the Heathwood building.
Please note that this course is only available for people who are over the age of 16 and registered with a GP in Wiltshire (excluding Swindon area). If you have any queries about this, please contact the Wiltshire IAPT main office on 01380 731335.
Courses can either be booked over the phone or via the button above. All our courses are released for booking 4 weeks before the start date. Our admin team are available weekdays, 9am-5pm and will be happy to assist you in booking on to your chosen course and answer any questions you may have.
Please note: You must be booked onto a course to attend. You are welcome to bring a friend or relative for support, but they must also be booked onto the course due to limited spaces.