- This event has passed.
Living Well with a Long Term Health Condition
16, August 2018 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm BST
Living with a Long Term Health Condition can be worrying, frustrating and stressful. This course can help you to learn tools and techniques to manage stress, low mood and anxiety and maximise your physical health.
This course is aimed at people with a long term condition and covers:
- Exploring the challenges of living with a long term health condition.
- How anxiety/ low mood can impact us after a diagnosis.
- Helpful ways to reduce stress
This is a taught course, run in a group format, so although there will be some group discussion it is up to you how much or how little you choose to take part.
This course is suitable for:
- Anyone who has had a diagnosis of a long term health condition, such as chronic pain, fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue, diabetes, COPD
This course is not suitable for people with:
- A mental health diagnosis, such as Bipolar Disorder or Personality Disorder.
Please note that this course is only available for people who are over the age of 16 and registered with a GP in Wiltshire (excluding Swindon area). If you have any queries about this, please contact the Wiltshire IAPT main office on 01380 731335.
Courses can either be booked over the phone or via the button above. All our courses are released for booking 4 weeks before the start date. Our admin team are available weekdays, 9am-5pm and will be happy to assist you in booking on to your chosen course and answer any questions you may have.
Please note: You must be booked onto a course to attend. You are welcome to bring a friend or relative for support, but they must also be booked onto the course due to limited spaces.