Living Well with Diabetes
5 February @ 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm GMT
Living with Diabetes can be worrying, frustrating and stressful. This course can help you to learn tools and techniques to manage stress, low mood and anxiety and maximise your physical health.
This course is for anyone with a diagnosis of Type 1 or Type 2 Diabetes who is looking to learn tools and techniques to manage their emotional wellbeing and covers:
- Exploring the challenges of living with diabetes
- Managing our expectations of ourselves and others
- Managing difficult thoughts
- Techniques to manage our worries
- How anxiety/ low mood can impact us after a diagnosis of diabetes.
- Setting goals and managing daily activities
- Helpful ways to reduce stress
- Useful techniques for effective communication
This is a taught course designed to introduce practical strategies to manage your mood, run in a group format, so although there will be some group discussion about the techniques and examples it is up to you how much or how little you choose to take part. We recommend attending all 4 sessions to fully benefit, please discuss with the course facilitators if you have any concerns or see the course FAQ’s on our website.
This course is suitable for:
- Anyone who has had a diagnosis of a Type 1 or Type 2 Diabetes
Please note that this course is only available for people who are over the age of 16 and registered with a GP in Wiltshire (excluding Swindon area). If you have any queries about this, please contact the Wiltshire IAPT main office on 01380 731335.
All our courses are released for booking 4 weeks before the start date. Our admin team are available weekdays, 9am-5pm and will be happy to assist you in booking on to your chosen course and answer any questions you may have.
Please note: You must be booked onto a course to attend. You are welcome to bring a friend or relative for support, but they must also be booked onto the course due to limited spaces.