- This event has passed.
Living Well with Chronic Pain
1, August 2019 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm BST
Living with chronic pain can be worrying, frustrating and stressful. This course can help you to learn tools and techniques to manage stress, low mood and anxiety and maximize your physical health. We recommend attending all sessions to gain the maximum benefit from this treatment.
Please note: You must be booked onto a course to attend. You are welcome to bring a friend or relative for support, but they must also be booked onto the course due to limited spaces.
This course is aimed at people with chronic pain and covers:
- Exploring the challenges of living with chronic pain.
- How anxiety/ low mood can impact us after a diagnosis of a Long Term Condition, such as Fibromyalgia.
- Helpful ways to reduce stress
This is a taught course designed to introduce practical strategies to manage your mood, run in a group format, so although there will be some group discussion about the techniques and examples it is up to you how much or how little you choose to take part. We recommend attending all 4 sessions to fully benefit, please discuss with the course facilitators if you have any concerns or see the course FAQ’s on our website.
This course is suitable for:
- Anyone who has had a diagnosis of Fibromyalgia or Chronic Pain
This course is not suitable for people with:
- A mental health diagnosis, such as Bipolar Disorder or Personality Disorder.
- Please note that this course is only available for people who are over the age of 16 and registered with a GP in Wiltshire (excluding Swindon area). If you have any queries about this, please contact the Wiltshire IAPT main office on 01380 731335.
- Courses can either be booked over the phone or via the button above. All our courses are released for booking 4 weeks before the start date. Our admin team are available weekdays, 9am-5pm and will be happy to assist you in booking on to your chosen course and answer any questions you may have.
- There are disabled parking spaces available directly outside Heathwood entrance A. Please use the main car park. The car park is a short distance from the Heathwood building. Please do not park in the Salisbury Medical Practice carpark, (for day courses ensure you provide reception with your registration at initial session and you will be provided with a permit).
Wiltshire IAPT Service psycho-educational courses are only available for people who are over the age of 16 and registered with a GP in Wiltshire (excluding Swindon area). Courses can be booked by using the online booking form* below, or over the phone by contacting the Wiltshire IAPT Service on 01380 731335. All our courses are released for booking 4 weeks before the start date - Bookings received before the 4 week window cannot be processed.
Our admin team are available weekdays, 9am-5pm and will be happy to assist you in booking on to your chosen course and answer any questions you may have. 01380 731335
*Please be advised using the online booking form does not guarantee a place on a course. A member of the admin team will contact you if the course is no longer available and we will do all we can to accommodate your request.