- This event has passed.
26 September @ 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm BST
No places left on this course
This free course is aimed at people who are experiencing levels of stress, and who want to understand and learn ways of managing this feeling using Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT).
Topics covered include:
- Using CBT to understand how our thoughts, behaviours, physical sensations and emotions all interlink and effect each other
- Identifying potential triggers and causes of stress
- Introducing techniques to manage our stress levels
- Understanding how our thoughts can impact our stress levels, and how to make our thinking more helpful
- Managing the expectations we set ourselves and others
- Learning effective communication techniques
- How stress can impact our sleep and techniques to manage this
- Problem solving and putting things into practice
This is a taught course designed to introduce practical strategies to manage your mood, run in a group format, so although there will be some group discussion about the techniques and examples it is up to you how much or how little you choose to take part. We recommend attending all 4 sessions to fully benefit, please discuss with the course facilitators if you have any concerns or see the course FAQ’s on our website.
This course is suitable for people with:
- General stress
This course is not suitable for people with:
- A mental health diagnosis such as Bipolar Disorder or Personality Disorder
Please note that this course is only available for people who are over the age of 16 and registered with a GP in Wiltshire (excluding Swindon area). If you have any queries about this, please contact the Wiltshire IAPT main office on 01380 731335.
Courses can either be booked over the phone or via the button above. All our courses are released for booking 4 weeks before the start date. Our admin team are available weekdays, 9am-5pm and will be happy to assist you in booking on to your chosen course and answer any questions you may have.
Please note: You must be booked onto a course to attend. You are welcome to bring a friend or relative for support, but they must also be booked onto the course due to limited spaces.
Please note: There is a small car park on site and on-street parking. Disabled access and facilities are available – please let us know before the start of the course if these are required. The children’s centre is by Frogwell Primary School, for Satnav’s follow directions to here.