- This event has passed.
Stress Management Workshop
29 August @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm BST
This introductory session is aimed at people who are experiencing levels of stress, and who want to understand and learn ways of managing this feeling using Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT). We recommend attending the full session to gain the maximum benefit from this treatment.
Please note: You must be booked onto a course to attend. You are welcome to bring a friend or relative for support, but they must also be booked onto the course due to limited spaces.
Topics covered include:
- Using CBT to understand how our thoughts, behaviours, physical sensations and emotions all interlink and effect each other
- Identifying potential triggers and causes of stress
- Introducing techniques to manage our stress levels
- Managing the expectations we set ourselves and others
This is a taught course designed to introduce practical strategies to manage your mood, run in a group format, so although there will be some group discussion about the techniques and examples it is up to you how much or how little you choose to take part. We recommend attending the whole session to fully benefit, please discuss with the course facilitators if you have any concerns or see the course FAQ’s on our website.
This course is suitable for people with:
- General stress
This course is not suitable for people with:
- A mental health diagnosis such as Bipolar Disorder or Personality Disorder
- Please note that this course is only available for people who are over the age of 16 and registered with a GP in Wiltshire (excluding Swindon area). If you have any queries about this, please contact the Wiltshire IAPT main office on 01380 731335.
- Courses can either be booked over the phone or via the button above. All our courses are released for booking 4 weeks before the start date. Our admin team are available weekdays, 9am-5pm and will be happy to assist you in booking on to your chosen course and answer any questions you may have.
Please note: There are disabled parking spaces available directly outside Heathwood entrance A. Please use the main car park. The car park is a short distance from the Heathwood building. Please do not park in the Salisbury Medical Practice carpark. For day courses ensure you provide reception with your registration at initial session and you will be provided with a permit.
Wiltshire IAPT Service psycho-educational courses are only available for people who are over the age of 16 and registered with a GP in Wiltshire (excluding Swindon area). Courses can be booked by using the online booking form* below, or over the phone by contacting the Wiltshire IAPT Service on 01380 731335. All our courses are released for booking 4 weeks before the start date - Bookings received before the 4 week window cannot be processed.
Our admin team are available weekdays, 9am-5pm and will be happy to assist you in booking on to your chosen course and answer any questions you may have. 01380 731335
*Please be advised using the online booking form does not guarantee a place on a course. A member of the admin team will contact you if the course is no longer available and we will do all we can to accommodate your request.