- This event has passed.
Understanding low mood after having a baby; Workshop
15, November 2019 @ 1:45 pm - 3:45 pm GMT
This session explores how we can manage our own emotional and mental wellbeing after the birth of a child. A range of techniques to manage depression and low mood are introduced.
- Introduction to CBT and the Wiltshire IAPT Service
- How low mood can impact us after having a baby
- Making behavioural changes to feel better
- Managing negative thoughts
This is a taught course designed to introduce practical strategies to manage your mood, run in a group format, so although there will be some group discussion about the techniques and examples it is up to you how much or how little you choose to take part. This course acts as a one off taster session.
This course is suitable for:
- Anyone who has had a child in the last 24 months who is interested in learning tools and techniques to manage low mood or depression.
- Please note: You must be booked onto a course to attend. You are welcome to bring children under the age of 12 months. You are welcome to bring a friend or relative for support, but they must also be booked onto the course due to limited spaces.
Studley Green Children Centre
Please note: Parking at the children’s centre is limited so please allow plenty of time
Wiltshire IAPT Service psycho-educational courses are only available for people who are over the age of 16 and registered with a GP in Wiltshire (excluding Swindon area). Courses can be booked by using the online booking form* below, or over the phone by contacting the Wiltshire IAPT Service on 01380 731335. All our courses are released for booking 4 weeks before the start date - Bookings received before the 4 week window cannot be processed.
Our admin team are available weekdays, 9am-5pm and will be happy to assist you in booking on to your chosen course and answer any questions you may have. 01380 731335
*Please be advised using the online booking form does not guarantee a place on a course. A member of the admin team will contact you if the course is no longer available and we will do all we can to accommodate your request.