- This event has passed.
Wellbeing After Baby
25 October @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm BST
This course explores how we can manage our own emotional and mental wellbeing after the birth of a child. A range of topics are covered including stress management and an introduction to anxiety and low mood, as well as exploring useful ways to manage our thoughts and effective communication styles.
- Normalising and exploring the challenges of motherhood
- Managing our expectations of ourselves and others
- Managing difficult thoughts
- How anxiety and low mood can impact us after having a baby
- Setting goals and managing daily activities
- Helpful ways to reduce stress
- Useful techniques for effective communication
This is a taught course designed to introduce practical strategies to manage your mood, run in a group format, so although there will be some group discussion about the techniques and examples it is up to you how much or how little you choose to take part. We recommend attending all 4 sessions to fully benefit, please discuss with the course facilitators if you have any concerns or see the course FAQ’s on our website.
This course is suitable for:
- Anyone who has had a child in the last 12 months who is interested in learning tools and techniques to manage stress
This course is not suitable for people with:
- A mental health diagnosis, such as Bipolar Disorder or Personality Disorder.
Please note: There are disabled parking spaces available directly outside Heathwood entrance A. Please use the main car park. The car park is a short distance from the Heathwood building.
Please note that this course is only available for people who are over the age of 16 and registered with a GP in Wiltshire (excluding Swindon area). If you have any queries about this, please contact the Wiltshire IAPT main office on 01380 731335.
Courses can either be booked over the phone or via the button above. All our courses are released for booking 4 weeks before the start date. Our admin team are available weekdays, 9am-5pm and will be happy to assist you in booking on to your chosen course and answer any questions you may have.
Please note: You must be booked onto a course to attend. You are welcome to bring a friend or relative for support, but they must also be booked onto the course due to limited spaces.