Wellbeing After Baby
11 March @ 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm GMT
This course explores how we can manage our own emotional and mental wellbeing after the birth of a child. A range of topics are covered including stress management and an introduction to anxiety and low mood, as well as exploring useful ways to manage our thoughts and effective communication styles.
- Normalising and exploring the challenges of motherhood
- Managing our expectations of ourselves and others
- Managing difficult thoughts
- How anxiety and low mood can impact us after having a baby
- Setting goals and managing daily activities
- Helpful ways to reduce stress
- Useful techniques for effective communication
This is a taught course designed to introduce practical strategies to manage your mood, run in a group format, so although there will be some group discussion about the techniques and examples it is up to you how much or how little you choose to take part. We recommend attending all 4 sessions to fully benefit, please discuss with the course facilitators if you have any concerns or see the course FAQ’s on our website.
This course is suitable for:
- Anyone who has had a child in the last 12 months who is interested in learning tools and techniques to manage stress
Please note: You must be booked onto a course to attend. You are welcome to bring a friend or relative for support, but they must also be booked onto the course due to limited spaces. Doors will open 15 minutes prior to the course starting.