- This event has passed.
Wellbeing After Baby
21 August @ 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm BST
This course will run as 4 weekly sessions of 2 hours between 6:30pm and 8:30pm starting on 21st August.Register for this course
Wellbeing After Baby
This course explores how we can manage our own emotional and mental wellbeing after the birth of a child. A range of topics are covered including stress management and an introduction to anxiety and low mood, as well as exploring useful ways to manage our thoughts and effective communication styles.
- Normalising and exploring the challenges of motherhood
- Managing our expectations of ourselves and others
- Managing difficult thoughts
- How anxiety and low mood can impact us after having a baby
- Setting goals and managing daily activities
- Helpful ways to reduce stress
- Useful techniques for effective communication
This course is suitable for:
- Anyone who has had a child in the last 12 months who is interested in learning tools and techniques to manage stress
This course is not suitable for people with:
- A mental health diagnosis, such as Bipolar Disorder or Personality Disorder.
Please note that this course is only available for people who are over the age of 16 and registered with a GP in Wiltshire (excluding Swindon area). If you have any queries about this, please contact the Wiltshire IAPT main office on 01380 731335.
Courses can either be booked over the phone or via the button above. All our courses are released for booking 4 weeks before the start date. Our admin team are available weekdays, 9am-5pm and will be happy to assist you in booking on to your chosen course and answer any questions you may have.
Please note: You must be booked onto a course to attend. You are welcome to bring a friend or relative for support, but they must also be booked onto the course due to limited spaces.
Please note: There is a small car park on site and on-street parking. Disabled access and facilities are available – please let us know before the start of the course if these are required. The children’s centre is by Frogwell Primary School, for Satnav’s follow directions to here.