Understanding experiences of parenthood – Wellbeing After Baby; Workshop
31 January @ 1:45 pm - 3:45 pm GMT
This introductory session explores how we can manage our own emotional and mental wellbeing after the birth of a child. A range of topics are covered including stress management and an introduction to anxiety and low mood, as well as exploring effective communication styles and what further support is available from our service.
- Introduction to CBT and the Wiltshire IAPT Service
- Normalising and exploring the challenges of motherhood
- Managing our expectations of ourselves and others
- How anxiety and low mood can impact us after having a baby
- Helpful ways to reduce stress
- Useful techniques for effective communication
This is a taught workshop designed to introduce practical strategies to manage your mood, run in a group format, so although there will be some group discussion about the techniques and examples it is up to you how much or how little you choose to take part. This course acts as a one off taster session.
This course is suitable for:
- Anyone who has had a child in the last 12 months who is interested in learning tools and techniques to manage stress.
- Please note: You must be booked onto a workshop to attend. You are welcome to bring a friend or relative for support, but they must also be booked onto the workshop due to limited spaces.
Studley Green Children Centre
Please note: Parking at the children’s centre is limited so please allow plenty of time
Wiltshire IAPT Service psycho-educational courses are only available for people who are over the age of 16 and registered with a GP in Wiltshire (excluding Swindon area). Courses can be booked by using the online booking form* below, or over the phone by contacting the Wiltshire IAPT Service on 01380 731335. All our courses are released for booking 4 weeks before the start date - Bookings received before the 4 week window cannot be processed.
Our admin team are available weekdays, 9am-5pm and will be happy to assist you in booking on to your chosen course and answer any questions you may have. 01380 731335
*Please be advised using the online booking form does not guarantee a place on a course. A member of the admin team will contact you if the course is no longer available and we will do all we can to accommodate your request.