CALM: An introduction to Mindfulness
This course introduces a range of techniques for relaxing the body, calming the mind and living more fully in the present moment. We can often live our lives on “auto-pilot” and react habitually to situations in unhelpful ways. Mindfulness allows us to be more flexible in our response to the stresses of life, to be less driven and distressed by our thoughts and emotions, and to appreciate each moment of life more fully.
- The skills of mindfulness, concentration and relaxation
- Techniques for applying mindfulness to the breath, body, thoughts, feelings and everyday life
- Practical tips for practicing mindfulness
- Dealing with difficulties that arise in practicing
This course is suitable for:
- Anyone with an interest in mindfulness and relaxation
- Anyone who wants to learn more about ‘living in the moment’
Please note that this course is only available for people who are registered with a GP in Wiltshire (excluding Swindon area). If you have any queries about this, please contact the Wiltshire IAPT main office on 01380 731335.
Courses can be booked over the phone. All our courses are released for booking 4 weeks before the start date. Our admin team are available weekdays, 9am-5pm and will be happy to assist you in booking on to your chosen course and answer any questions you may have.
[tribe_events view=”month” tribe-bar=”false” category=”calm-intro-mindfulness” ]