Coping with low mood and depression
This is aimed at people experiencing problems with low mood and depression. Using Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, the course aims to guide participants through tools and techniques that are helpful in dealing with this difficult emotion.
- Help participants to understand low mood and depression and the negative cycles we can get caught up in.
- How our behaviours can impact on low mood and depression.
- Teaching “Behavioural Activation”; a well evidenced and NICE recommended intervention for Low mood and Depression.
- How our thoughts and beliefs can contribute and maintain our low mood.
- Teach ways of breaking the negative cycles of low mood with a variety of useful techniques
- Developing self-compassion and acknowledging our positive qualities.
- How sleep and physical exercise affect our mood and useful tips for improving these.
This course is suitable for:
- Anyone who wants to address low mood or depression as their main issue.
Please note that this course is only available for people who are registered with a GP in Wiltshire (excluding Swindon area). If you have any queries about this, please contact the Wiltshire IAPT main office on 01380 731335.
Courses can be booked over the phone. All our courses are released for booking 4 weeks before the start date. Our admin team are available weekdays, 9am-5pm and will be happy to assist you in booking on to your chosen course and answer any questions you may have.