Mindfulness for People with Long Term Health Conditions
Living with a long term health condition can be worrying, frustrating and stressful. This course can help you to learn and practice mindfulness techniques to manage stress, low mood and anxiety and maximise your physical health. We recommend attending all sessions to gain the maximum benefit from this treatment.
Please note: You must be booked onto a course to attend. You are welcome to bring a friend or relative for support, but they must also be booked onto the course due to limited spaces.
This course is aimed at people with long term health conditions (for example: chronic pain, fatigue, fibromyalgia, diabetes, COPD) and covers:
• The skills of mindfulness, concentration and relaxation and how these can help living with a long-term health condition
• Techniques for applying mindfulness to the breath, body, thoughts, feelings and everyday life
• Practical tips for practicing mindfulness
• Dealing with difficulties that arise in practicing
• Techniques for living well with a long-term health condition
This is a taught course designed to introduce practical strategies to manage your mood, run in a group format, so although there will be some group discussion about the techniques and examples it is up to you how much or how little you choose to take part. The course sessions last for two hours with a break in the middle. We recommend attending all 4 sessions to fully benefit, please discuss with the course facilitators if you have any concerns or see the course FAQ’s on our website.
This course is suitable for:
• Anyone with a long-term health condition who would like to improve their wellbeing
- Please note: You must be booked onto a course to attend. You are welcome to bring a friend or relative for support, but they must also be booked onto the course due to limited spaces.
[tribe_events view="month" tribe-bar="false" category="mindfulness-for-people-with-long-term-health-conditions" ]