This free course is aimed at people who are experiencing levels of stress, and who want to understand and learn ways of managing this feeling using Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT).
Topics covered include:
- Using CBT to understand how our thoughts, behaviours, physical sensations and emotions all interlink and effect each other
- Identifying potential triggers and causes of stress
- Introducing techniques to manage our stress levels
- Understanding how our thoughts can impact our stress levels, and how to make our thinking more helpful
- Managing the expectations we set ourselves and others
- Learning effective communication techniques
- How stress can impact our sleep and techniques to manage this
- Problem solving and putting things into practice
This is a taught course, run in a group format, so although there will be some group discussion it is up to you how much or how little you choose to take part.
This course is suitable for people with: General stress
This course is not suitable for people with: A mental health diagnosis such as Bipolar Disorder or Personality Disorder
Please note that this course is only available for people who are registered with a GP in Wiltshire (excluding Swindon area). If you have any queries about this, please contact the Wiltshire IAPT main office on 01380 731335.
Courses can be booked over the phone. All our courses are released for booking 4 weeks before the start date. Our admin team are available weekdays, 9am-5pm and will be happy to assist you in booking on to your chosen course and answer any questions you may have.